- Schedules mentioned in the event description are only tentative. Organizers can change the schedule on spot for the benefit of the majority of the participants.
- Accommodation arrangements will be basic and we ask you not to expect luxury. Please mention while registering for the event if you want any such customization.
- All participants must carry their backpacks, tents, sleeping bags and eateries even if they are provided by the organizers.
- If we cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances before the date of departure, the amount will be transferred to the next event within the next 3 months. If an event is canceled after the date of departure due to natural calamities, strikes/bandh, any incident that can cause disruption to the event; plan and schedule will be changed without refund.
- Restroom facility can’t be guaranteed on night treks. On times, Pay and Use restrooms will have to be used. Leave No Trace is the principle that we follow seriously and we ask you to be respectful to local people and their sentiments.
- All types of intoxication are strictly prohibited.
- Damages made to the gears provided will have to be bear by the participants, Laundry charges 100/- if stains are made.
- Pitching tents, arranging campfires, BBQ if mentioned are to be done by everyone. And BBQ, Bonfire can be canceled without any prior intimation.
- We are not responsible for the transport quality as we hire such facility from our vendors. Lagging behind the time due to transport is not in our hands. We usually plan the event giving allowances for such delays but still it’s not in our hands.
- We shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the declination of authorization for any transaction due to various reasons.
- We shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any physical injuries. We as organizers are only liable to give proper first-aid and take the participant to the nearest hospital. The risks include, among other things: Covid 19 contamination; paralysis; hypothermia; accidental drowning; sprains, joint dislocations, and broken bones; falling from high places; the negligence of other participants; a foot or other bodily entrapment; facial or other lacerations; impalement; extensive dental damage; and death.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless all organizers Backpackers United, volunteers, sponsors and the Governments from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity.
- Should the organizers Backpackers United, volunteers, sponsors, or the Governments, or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- At times, Cycling and Running events will be in traffic and also the transport facility during any of the event will involve certain accidental risk. I expressly agree that I understand the risk associated and Organizers Backpackers United, volunteers, sponsors, and the Governments are not responsible for any accidents, Injuries and even Death.
- All disputes are subject to Bangalore Jurisdiction only.
- Participants have to bear any additional costs incurred due to inability to complete the event, medical costs if any or loss of time and resources.
- You are advised to not carry valuables such as jewelry etc during the entire trip and if you do so, you shall do so at your own risk and the management shall not be responsible for the loss/damage of the same.
- Please follow the instructions given to you by the organizers/guide assigned at all times, especially during the treks or other adventure activities and if you fail to do so and act negligently, the organizers shall not be responsible for the outcome of such negligent actions.
- Swimming in the water bodies nearby and other water-related activities to be done under the supervision of the organizers or any guide assigned for the same.
- In case of any children below the age of 14 years, they shall be always accompanied by their parents or guardian or entrusted with a guide specifically assigned by the organizers.
- For any event/booking, the least number of participants we expect is 7 to 8. If there is any shortfall in the number of participants, Organizers shall have the right to cancel the event or change the mode of transport and organizers shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly. 100% amount will be refunded back in case of cancellation.
- The cost of the event may go up in certain cases during the peak holiday seasons or for other rare reasons and any additional cost has to be paid before departure. Voucher code given to select customers can only be used for the next event and max limit is 250/-.
- Gear Shop: Quality and Service provided by third-party vendors such as Homestays, Other adventure activities conducted by different organizations are not completely in our hands though we take care to select our vendors very carefully. For Adventure Products, Cancellation and refund policies of respective third-party service providers will be applicable. We are not liable for any accidents, losses that may occur directly/indirectly because of their negligence or safety standards. Any damage made to the rented gear results in an extra charge or a new replacement.
COVID 19 SOP’s
- Vehicles will be sanitised before leaving to onboard participants from various
parts of Bangalore.
As per the Karnataka State Government Covid-19 Guidelines to be followed for
treks and camping, the number of participants in a vehicle will be as follows.
A Tempo Traveller with (13 Seater capacity) will only have 8 PAX + 1 Trek Leader.
Mini Bus with (21 seater capacity) will only have 15 PAX+ 1 Trek Leader.
- Number of participants staying in a Tent or a Room will be reduced to maintain
social distancing at all times. Please refer to Annexure 1 for detailed camping
- HomeStay/Campsite workers, guides and Trek Leaders will wear MASK and will
ensure the place is absolutely sanitized for the participants at all times during the
course of the event.
- Mandatory thermal screening will be done to all participants before boarding
the Bus or the tempo traveller.
- Participants are NOT allowed to join the Trek If there is any sign of
- We will provide Areca plates & Paper glass to all participants in Homestay.
- Participants have to get their own Masks & Sanitizers.
- No sharing of food, snacks, beverages and water with other participants.
- Participants Should have NOT travelled outside the State within the last 14
- Please kindly do not register if you reside in any of the Containment zones.
- All participants should maintain social distance i.e at least 2 meter from each
other at all places.
- As of now all the Treks/Trips will be conducted only within Karnataka.
- All Tents and Sleeping bags will be sanitized well before check in of the
- Every time while boarding the bus or tempo traveller, every participant should
mandatorily sanitize their hands to assure safety and to avoid frequently touched
points being exposed.
- In case of any medical emergency the participants should bear the expense of transport and medical bills raised by the same.
had enough opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood
it, and I agree to bound by its terms.