Dudhsagar Falls (literally means Sea of Milk) is a tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the Indian state of Goa on Goa’s border with Karnataka. The waterfall is located in the Bhagwan Mahavir Wild Life Sanctuary at Collem in South Goa in the Western Ghats is one of the world’s most exquisite falls. It lies high up in the Mandovi River’s watershed and so is not particularly spectacular during the dry season. During the monsoon season, however, the falls are transformed into one of the most powerful falls in India. Dudhsagar Falls is listed as India’s fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m. The water plummets hundreds of meters (over a thousand feet) in large volumes during the rainy monsoon season, forming one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in Goa. It is a major part of the Goa ecosystem. It is a four-tiered waterfall with a total height of 310 meters (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 meters (100 feet).
The area is surrounded by a deciduous forest and many species of birds, insects, plants, and animals around here.
|Departure/Return Location:||Pickup 1: Rajaji Nagar, Navarang theatre at 6:30 PM
Pickup Location – Rajaji Nagar, Navarang theatrePickup 2: Yashwanthpur Metro Station 7:00 PM
Pickup location, Yashawanthpur metro station
|Reporting time for the Departure:||Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the departure time.|
|Return Time on Monday||Approximately 06.30 AM.|
Accommodation to stay.
1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, Evening snacks and tea, Veg.
Transportation as mentioned in the itinerary.
Train ride through Dudhsagar Canyon.
Service of an expert guide.
Optional activities at resort (zip line, elephant ride, elephant shower).
Additional charges for forest permit may be applicable for foreign National as per forest department.
Personal expenses, tips, laundry, telephone calls personal medicines.
Costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and
any other circumstances beyond our control.
Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
Evacuation charges, damage of any nature, entrance fees at sites.
Any items/services not specifically mentioned under inclusions.
What to Expect
- Expert guide
Day0: Pick up from Bangalore
- On Friday evening Get picked up from Bangalore.
- First Pickup point Rajaji Nagar, Navarang theatre at 6:30 PM.
- Second, pick up point Yashawanthpur metro station at 7:00 PM to begin your overnight journey to Goa
- Dinner break will be around 8.30 pm (self-sponsored).
- Begin your overnight journey to Goa
- Have breakfast before reaching Castle Rock railway station.
- Reach Castle Rock railway station and board the towards to Kulem station.
- We will be reaching the morning to the resort around 11 AM.
- Freshen up and have lunch.
- After having lunch, we can enjoy the resort games like – Mud football etc and one can opt for optional activities as well like-Zip line, elephant ride, elephant shower etc which is chargeable.
- In the evening we will be having tea and snacks.
- Fresh up, have dinner (veg) later, enjoy DJ Music with a bonfire and retire for the night.
Day2: Trek & Return to Bangalore
- On Sunday wake up early morning and have breakfast by 6:30 AM.
- After having breakfast, you will be guided about the trek and safety measures to be taken by an outdoor leader and the local guide
- By 07:00 AM, you will leave for the trek.
- After completing the trek, reach back to the resort, freshen up and have self-sponsored lunch.
- After the lunch pack up and start towards Bangalore.
- Reach Bangalore the next day morning by 6.30 AM.
- Accommodation in jungle book resort at Kulem
- There will be separate stays for boys and girls (twin sharing).
Things to Carry: –
- Xerox copy your ID proof
- Strong backpack for trekking.
- Water bottles at least 2 liters.
- Cloths for two days and an extra set of cloths.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Toiletries: – Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, soap, tissue paper, etc.
- Juice packs, Glucon-D, etc.
- A Polybag to carry your wet clothes back to Bangalore.
- Raincoat or a poncho.
- Personal medication if any.
- Mosquito repellent cream.
- Leach repellents like body spray, Dettol, etc.
- A torch with new batteries
- One plastic box if you want to carry energy boosters like Chocolate bars, flavored milk, should be carried without the rappers.
- Camera (optional).
- Long socks
- Good trekking shoes.
- Sandals to walk around at the resort.
- Make sure you bring one Xerox copy your ID proof without fail.
- No smoking and consumption of alcohol before or during the activity.
- Carrying jewelry or other valuables is not advisable.
- Do not expect separate accommodation as it is a group trip.
- Drop points will be the pickup points.
- Note: Required minimum of 18 participants required to organize the trip.