Kumara Parvatha at an elevation of 1,712 m (5,617 ft) above Mean Sea Level (MSL) is the sixth highest peak of Karnataka and 31st overall in the Western Ghats. It is one of the most popular and scenic trekking trails in the Western Ghats which is cherished by trekkers and nature lovers.
Considered as one of the toughest treks in South India, you can test your physical and mental limits with the awe-inspiring nature of the Pushpagiri wildlife sanctuary. The starts from Kukke Subramanya towards the Buttermane for camping and then will continue our trek from forest checkpost to Kumara Parvatha peak. The overall trek distance will be 28kms to and fro.
|Departure/Return Location:||Pickup 1: Indiranagar, Opposite to KFC signal at 9.30 PM Pickup Location – KFC, Indiranagar.
Pickup 2: Domlur near New Shanthi Sagar Hotel at 9:45 PM New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Domlur
Pickup 4: Guraguntepalya Metro Station at 10.30 PM Goraguntepalya Metro station
|Reporting time for the Departure:||Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the departure time.|
|Return Time on Sunda||Monday early morning 4.00 AM to 5.00 AM.|
One night accomodation
01 Breakfast, 02 Lunch, 01 Dinner (Only Veg).
Transfers as mentioned in the itinerary.
Service of an expert guide.
Additional charges for forest permit may be applicable for foreign National as per forest department.
Personal expenses, tips, laundry, telephone calls personal medicines.
Costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and
any other circumstances beyond our control.
Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
Evacuation charges, damage of any nature, entrance fees at sites.
Any items/services not specifically mentioned under inclusions.
What to Expect
Day0: Pick up from Bangalore
- On Friday night get picked up from the pick up locations.
- Have dinner before boarding the vehicle.
- Begin your overnight journey to Kukke Subramanya.
Day1: Day of the Trek
- Reach Kukke Subramanya in the morning.
- Freshen up in hotel rooms, have self-sponsored breakfast and take the packed lunch.
- We will leave any extra luggage in the Vehicle.
- Reach the starting point of the trek and start the trek to Girigadde which will lead to our camping site near the forest check post.
- After reaching the forest check post, start pitching your tents.
- Have your packed lunch and relax for some time.
- Enjoy the sunset from Girigadde viewpoint and have tea at Buttermane.
- By 7.30 PM have dinner at the Buttermane which will be self-service.
- By 9:00 PM retire for the night.
Day 2: Return to Bangalore
- Wake up early morning around 2:00 AM, freshen up and start packing your tents.
- Give entries at the check post and start your trek to Kumara Parvatha peak.
- Have Breakfast on the way to the peak.
- Reach Shesha Parvatha and enjoy the beautiful view among the clouds at Pushpagiri hills and spend some time (Based the timing the trek lead will decide whether everyone should continue the trek further or not to Kumara Parvatha).
- After the trek head back to the base camp and pack your luggage and head to Buttermane for lunch.
- After the lunch start Descending to Kukke Subramanya, head to the hotel and freshen up.
- Start the journey to Bangalore.
- On the way have a self-sponsored dinner and reach Bangalore the next day early morning around 5:00 PM.
- Accommodation in tents.
- There will be separate stay for boys and girls.
Things to Carry: –
- ID proof (Adhar or any other Gov. ID) (Mandatory)
- Strong backpack for trekking and small trekking bag (Mandatory).
- Reusable water bottles at least 2 liters (Mandatory).
- Lunch Box
- Hot water flask for 2nd Day breakfast (Cub noodles).
- Cloths for two days and an extra set of clothes.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Toiletries: – Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, soap, sanitizer, (Note: tissue paper is not allowed to carry for the trek), etc.
- Juice packs, Glucon-D, and Energy bars, etc.
- A Polybag to carry your wet clothes and shoes back to Bangalore.
- Raincoat or a poncho (Mandatory).
- Personal medication if any.
- Mosquito repellent cream.
- Leach repellents like body spray, Dettol, etc.
- A torch with new batteries (Mandatory).
- Camera (optional).
- Long socks.
- Good trekking shoes (Mandatory).
- Sandals (Mandatory).
- Power Bank to keep your mobiles charged.
- This is considered as one of the toughest treks in South India, make sure that you are physically fit to endure this trek.
- Everyone will be carrying their own sleeping bags and tents provided by the trek lead
- Do not expect luxury as we will be traversing through pristine and untamed nature.
- Make sure you bring one Xerox copy your ID proof without fail.
- No smoking and consumption of alcohol before or during the activity.
- Carrying jewelry or other valuables is not advisable.
- Do not expect separate accommodation as it is a group trip.
- Drop points will be the pickup points.