Kurinjal trek in the Kudremukh range is one of the best treks one can go for in the monsoon, experience the lush green
tropical forests of the Western Ghats and the never-ending shola grasslands. Located at a distance of 320 km from Bangalore
city and at an altitude of 3802 ft. above sea level. Disconnect yourself from the routine city hassle and take a step towards
connecting with nature.
|Departure/Return Location:||Pickup 1: Indiranagar, Opposite to KFC signal at 8.30 PM
Pickup Location – KFC, Indiranagar.Pickup 2: Domlur near New Shanthi Sagar Hotel at 8:45 PM New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Domlur
Pickup 3: Trinity Circle, Opposite to 1MG-Lido Mall at 9.00 PM Pickup Location – 1MG Lido Mall, Trinity Circle
|Reporting time for the Departure:||Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the departure time.|
|Return Time on the second day||Approximately 10.00 PM.|
Accommodation to stay.
2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, Evening snacks and tea, Veg.
Sightseeing as specified in the itinerary.
Transportation as mentioned in the itinerary.
Service of an expert guide.
Additional charges for forest permit may be applicable for foreign National as per forest department.
Personal expenses, tips, laundry, telephone calls personal medicines.
Costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and
any other circumstances beyond our control.
Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
Evacuation charges, damage of any nature, entrance fees at sites.
Any items/services not specifically mentioned under inclusions.
What to Expect:
Day0: Pick up from Bangalore
- On Friday night get picked up from the pick up locations.
- Have dinner before boarding the vehicle.
- Begin your overnight journey to Kudremukh range.
Day1: Day of the Trek
- We will be reaching early morning to the Kudremukh check post for forest entry, take permission by submitting our Xerox copy ID proofs.
- The first day of your trek; have breakfast by around 08:00 AM.
- After the breakfast, take the packed lunch and travel to Kurinjal check post via vehicle.
- Submit entry permits at the check post for the trek we can start the trek to the Kurinjal Peak which is around 13 KM both the ways.
- We can have our lunch once we reach the peak, and enjoy the relishing view of the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled.
- After the trek head back to the base camp fresh up and have tea and snacks.
- At night have a delightful dinner Chikmagalur dish and enjoy an optional bonfire (if weather permits). Retire for the night.
Day 2: Return to Bangalore
- On Sunday around 07:30 AM, have breakfast and then head to visit the nearby sightseeing place which will be on the way to Bangalore.
- Visit Belur temple on the way to Bangalore.
- Have a self-sponsored lunch and return to Bangalore around 10:00 PM.
- Accommodation in dormitory or tents depending on the availability.
- There will be separate stay for boys and girls.
Things to Carry: –
- Xerox copy your ID proof.
- Strong backpack for trekking.
- Water bottles at least 2 liters.
- Cloths for two days and an extra set of clothes.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Toiletries: – Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, soap, tissue paper, etc.
- Juice packs, Glucon-D, etc.
- A Polybag to carry your wet clothes back to Bangalore.
- Raincoat or a poncho.
- Personal medication if any.
- Mosquito repellent cream.
- Leach repellents like body spray, Dettol, salt, etc.
- A torch with new batteries.
- One plastic box if you want to carry energy boosters like Chocolate bars, flavored milk, should be carried without the rappers.
- Camera (optional).
- Long socks
- Good trekking shoes.
- Sandals to walk around at homestay.
- As per the current forest regulations, only first 50 people are allowed to trek in one day, if the forest Department doesn’t give the permission on day 1, the operator will give other options for the same trek.
- Do not expect luxury as we will be traversing through pristine and untamed nature.
- Make sure you bring one Xerox copy your ID proof without fail.
- No smoking and consumption of alcohol before or during the activity.
- Carrying jewelry or other valuables is not advisable.
- Do not expect separate accommodation as it is a group trip.
- Drop points will be the pickup points.