Skandagiri also is known as Kalavara Durga at a height of 4758ft is a hill fortress located about 62km from Bangalore of Bellari road and nation highway 7. It is right next to Nandi hills and overlooks the village Muddnahalli. The trek starts from a Papagni matt near Kalavara village.
The overall trek is about 8km to and fro and can be completed with 4hrs, start your journey late night from Bangalore at various pickups given below and reach the forest entry gate from the where treks start at 4.00AM.
One can find the ruins of a fortress built by Tippu Sultan, This short trek is renowned for walking on top of the clouds and the breath-taking views one can experience while on the summit of the mountain.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pickup 1: The first pickup is in RR Nagar near Gopalan Arcade at 11.30PM.
Pickup 2: The second pickup is in Banashankari metro station at 12.00AM.
Pickup 3: The third pickup is in BTM layout near Udipi Garden at 12.30AM.
Pickup 4: The fourth pickup is in Silk Board bus stop at 1.00AM.
Pickup 5: The fifth pickup is in Marathahalli opposite to Kalamandir at 1:30 AM.
Pickup 6: The sixth pickup is in Hebball opposite to Esteem Mall at 2.00AM.
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the departure time.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 10.00 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
- The first pickup is in RR nagar near Gopalan Arcade at 11.30PM.
- The second pickup is in Banashankari metro station at 12.00AM.
- The third pickup is in BTM layout near Udipi Garden at 12.30AM.
- The fourth pickup is in Silk Board bus stop at 1.00AM.
- The fifth pickup is in Marathahalli opposite to Kalamandir at 1:30 AM.
- The sixth pickup is in Hebball opposite to Esteem Mall at 2.00AM.
- Reach base check post around 3.30 AM and confirm permission for the trek.
- Start the trek at 4.00 AM.
- Reach Skandagiri peak before 6.00 AM enjoy beautiful sunrise view.
- Descend back to basepoint and start your journey to Bangalore.
- On the way have breakfast and reach Bangalore around 12.00 PM.
Things to Carry: –
- Strong backpack for trekking.
- Water bottles at least 2 liters.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Toiletries: – toothpaste, tissue paper etc.
- Juice packs, Glucon-D, etc.
- Personal medication if any.
- A torch with new batteries
- Energy boosters like Chocolate bars, flavored milk, etc.
- Camera (optional).
- Good trekking shoes.
- Please check with your tour operator for any forest permission requirements.
- This tour can be availed by 12 years and above.
- Listen to the instructions by the instructor carefully
- Avoid uncomfortable clothing during the activities (like sarees, etc.)
- Carrying jewelry or other valuables is not advisable
- No smoking and consumption of alcohol before or during the activity
- Plastics (like chocolate wrappers, water bottles, beverages bottle, poly-ethane covers, etc., should be carried back to the Urban jungle).