Hampi Backpacking Tour
- 2 Days 2 Nights
- 20 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 10+ years
Hampi, located in the southern state of Karnataka, India, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
and a popular tourist destination. The town is famous for its ruins of the Vijayanagara
Empire, which ruled the region from the 14th to the 16th century. When you visit Hampi, you
will be transported back in time and experience the grandeur of the Vijayanagara Empire.
One of the must-visit attractions in Hampi is the Virupaksha Temple, which is dedicated to
Lord Shiva. The temple is an excellent example of the Vijayanagara style of architecture and
has several intricate carvings and sculptures. The temple is also a popular spot for
photographers, especially during the early morning when the sunlight falls on the temple's
Hampi is also known for its stunning natural beauty. The town is located on the banks of the
Tungabhadra River, and you can spend your days exploring the rocky hills and boulders that
surround the town. The Matanga Hill, which is located on the east side of the Hampi Bazaar,
is a popular spot for watching the sunrise and sunset.
One of the most iconic landmarks in Hampi is the stone chariot at the Vittala Temple. The
chariot is a perfect example of the Vijayanagara style of architecture and is carved out of a
single piece of granite. The chariot is located in the temple complex and is a popular spot for
Hampi is also a popular spot for adventure enthusiasts. You can go on a coracle ride in the
Tungabhadra River or go on a trek to the Anjaneya Hill, which is believed to be the birthplace
of Lord Hanuman.
In conclusion, Hampi is a unique destination that offers a perfect blend of history,
architecture, and natural beauty. When you visit Hampi, you will be transported back in time
and experience the grandeur of the Vijayanagara Empire.
AC Transfers In Traveller
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
- Your Hampi tour package starts from Bangalore, our representative will pick you up in the late evening from Indira Nagar: 10:30PM/ Domlur: 10:45 PM/ Yeshwantpur: 11:20 PM/ Goraguntepalya: 11:45 PM.
- Overnight Journey through Tempo Traveller (according to the group size)
Note: For Private Tour, Pickup will be available at your desired location.
(Breakfast and Dinner in Hotel)
- Reach Hampi in the morning and take a breath of fresh air amidst views of picturesque sights.
- Head towards your hotel and proceed with the check-in formalities.
- Have a delicious breakfast early in the morning and depart to witness the magnificent beauty of the Hampi.
- Head towards the hidden jewel of Hampi, Sanakpur Lake surrounded by large boulders. There is a canal along the road and hills of boulders on both sides which is scenic to watch.
- One can indulge in various activities coracle ride, cliff jumping at your own cost.
- After spending a wonderful day, have your lunch in peace by around 2:00 pm.
- Anjanadri hills This is also a sunset point and the seenic view of the tungabhadra river flowing between the rocks and mountains is awesome. You can see the whole vithala temple complex and other hill tops from here.
Stay Not Applicable
- Head towards Virupaksha Temple is the main center of pilgrimageat Hampi, and had been considered the most sacred sanctuary over the centuries. It is intact among the surrounding ruins and is still used in worship.
- Visist Lotus Mahal is an important monument in Hampi Lotus Mahal is a virtual air conditioned residence built for one of the two wives of Vijayanagara ruler Krishnadevaraya. The Mahal had a water tank on the top, water pipes through the beams and columns, facilitating flow of water through the structure and keeping it pretty cool even in hot summer.
Visit The Elephant stables is an impressive structure that was used to provide shelter for the royal elephants of the Vijayanagara Empire.
Visit Lakshmi Narasmiha Temple and witness that Narasimha is sitting on the coil of a giant seven-headed snake called Sesha. The heads of the snake acts as the hood above his head. The god sits in a cross-legged Yoga position with a belt supporting the knees.
head towards Vittala temple This temple is famous for Stone Chariot and Musical Pillars. The Vijaya Vittala or Vittala Temple is the most famous and popular tourist attraction in Hampi. It was built around 15th century AD during the reign of King Devaraya. This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu in the form of Vittala
Depart for Bangalore with a bag full of memories.
- Comfortable and hygienic vehicle (Tempo Traveler for Group Departures) for sightseeing on all days as per the itinerary.
- Buffet Breakfast from Day 2 & Day 3
- Buffet Dinner on Day 2
- Lunch (At an additional cost)
- Experienced Driver / Certified Guide
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Accommodation in 3-star Hotel on double occupancy
- Sightseeing Entry Charges
- Additional Adventure / Water Activities
- Lunch on all Days
- Dinner on Day 3
- Personal Expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions
Things to Carry
Things to carry are as follows
- ID proof (Adhar or any other Gov. ID)
- Reusable water bottles at least 2 liters
- Cloths for two days and an extra set of clothes.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Toiletries: – Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, soap, sanitizer, (Note: tissue paper is not allowed to carry for the trek), etc.
- Juice packs, Glucon-D, and Energy bars, etc.
- A Polybag to carry your wet clothes and shoes back to Bangalore.
- Personal medication if any.
- Mosquito repellent cream.
- Leach repellents like body spray, Dettol, etc.
- A torch with new batteries
- Camera (optional).
- Long socks.
- Good trekking shoes
- Power Bank to keep your mobiles charged.
- If cancellation are made 15 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Next Upcoming On
Friday - June 16, 2023