Kumara Parvatha Trek
- 2 Days 2 Nights
- Difficulty - Moderate Hard
- For 12+ years
Kumara Parvatha at an elevation of 1,712 m (5,617 ft) above Mean Sea Level (MSL) is the sixth highest peak of Karnataka and 31st overall in the Western Ghats. It is one of the most popular and scenic trekking trails in the Western Ghats which is cherished by trekkers and nature lovers.
Considered as one of the toughest treks in South India, you can test your physical and mental limits with the awe-inspiring nature of the Pushpagiri wildlife sanctuary. The starts from Kukke Subramanya towards the Buttermane for camping and then will continue our trek from forest checkpost to Kumara Parvatha peak. The overall trek distance will be 28kms to and fro.
Non A/C Pushback Seater
- On Friday night get picked up from the pick up locations.
- Have dinner before boarding the vehicle.
- Begin your overnight journey to Kukke Subramanya
Twin Sharing Basis
- Reach Kukke Subramanya in the morning.
- Freshen up in hotel rooms, have self-sponsored breakfast and take the packed lunch.
- We will leave any extra luggage in the Vehicle.
- Reach the starting point of the trek and start the trek to Girigadde which will lead to our camping site near the forest check post.
- After reaching the forest check post, start pitching your tents.
- Have your packed lunch and relax for some time.
- Enjoy the sunset from Girigadde viewpoint and have tea at Buttermane.
- By 7.30 PM have dinner at the Buttermane which will be self-service.
- By 9:00 PM retire for the night.
Non A/C Pushback Seater
- Wake up early morning around 2:00 AM, freshen up and start packing your tents.
- Give entries at the check post and start your trek to Kumara Parvatha peak.
- Have Breakfast on the way to the peak.
- Reach Shesha Parvatha and enjoy the beautiful view among the clouds at Pushpagiri hills and spend some time (Based the timing the trek lead will decide whether everyone should continue the trek further or not to Kumara Parvatha).
- After the trek head back to the base camp and pack your luggage and head to Buttermane for lunch.
- After lunch start Descending to Kukke Subramanya, head to the hotel and freshen up.
- Start the journey to Bangalore.
- On the way have a self-sponsored dinner and reach Bangalore the next day early morning around 5:00 AM.
- Transfers from Bangalore to Bangalore (non A/C)
- Forest Permits.
- Trek leads form Backpackers United
- 1 Packed Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Tent Stay
- Dinner on Day 3
- Personal Expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions
Things to Carry
These are the things to be carried:
- Soft Copy (Aadhar or other Gov. ID)
- Good trekking shoes
- Strong backpack for trekking
- Reusable water bottles
- Clothes for two days
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses Cap/hat
- Juice packs, Glucon-D, Energy bars
- A Polybag to carry wet clothes
- A raincoat or a poncho
- Personal medication if any.
- Torch with new batteries
- Camera (optional).
- Long socks.
- Power Bank.
- If cancellations made are 30 days before the date of travel then 10.0% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 3 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 0 days to 3 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees